Located at 402 S 4th Street in Marshall, The Manly - McCann House, built in 1838, is now the Clark County Museum. Uri Manley was a learned lawyer from Kentucky who came to Illinois in 1837. He was appointed as the first postmaster of Marshall in 1838 and had an office in this home.
The Clark County Historical Society buildings are open each Sunday afternoon from 2-4 p.m. The frame building, which is on the National Register of Historic places, houses most of the collection. The 1853 log house gives a glimpse of life long ago. The meeting room also houses special exhibits.
For more information about the Clark County, IL Historical Society and Museum call (217) 826-2252.